We are happy to announce that we are organising a High-Level Conference on Ending Financial Discrimination Against Cancer Survivors. This event will take place on 15 February at the Palais des Académies in Brussels.
This event aims to bring together various stakeholders to discuss the best ways to address the discrimination cancer survivors face when trying to obtain a loan, mortgage and insurance. Policymakers from the EU and national governments who share a commitment to that cause will discuss their work and best practices to enshrine the right to be forgotten for cancer survivors into national and European legislation, in the hope of protecting the ever-growing cancer survivor population in Europe.
The event will gather:
- Stella Kyriakides, EU Commissioner for Health and Food Safety
- Mairead McGuinness, EU Commissioner for Financial Services, Financial Stability and Capital Markets Union
- Frank Vandenbroucke, Belgian Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
- Pierre-Yves Dermagne, Belgian Ministry of Economy and Employment
- Prof. Christine Chomienne, Vice Chair, EU Cancer Mission
- Deirdre Clune, MEP
- Kateřina Konečná, MEP
- Tilly Metz, MEP
- Tomislav Sokol, MEP
- Dr. Csaba Dégi, President-Elect, European Cancer Organisation
- Isabelle Huet, Director, RoseUp Association France
- Wim Geluykens, Legal researcher, Kom op tegen Kanker
- Pierre Reichert, Chairman of the Executive Board of Assurances, Crédit Mutuel
- Cancer survivors
We will share more information including a registration link in the Autumn.